We want you to know you are not alone on your grief journey. BPUSA understands and cares about you and knows that we bereaved families truly share “A Journey Together”. We invite you to contact any member of the BPUSA National Board of Directors or Chapters listed on this site for help or additional information.
Bereaved Parents of The USA
Bereaved Parents of the USA (BPUSA) is a national non-profit self-help group that offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved parents grandparents or siblings struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their children, grandchildren or siblings.
There are no dues or fees to become a member of BPUSA and there are no paid salaries within the organization. All work on both the national and chapter level is done by volunteer bereaved parents with a strong desire to help other families survive the death of their children just as they were helped when their own children died.
- BPUSA has chapters around the country that hold monthly support meetings.
- Chapters publish monthly newsletters and maintain lending libraries for their member’s use.
- A national newsletter is published quarterly.
- Several helpful brochures have been printed and are available on this website.
- We offer many other resources that we hope you will find helpful.
- Often the newly bereaved find writings helpful to relate to their own grief and understand their feelings.
- To further aid families in their grief work, BPUSA conducts a yearly Annual Gathering Conference where bereaved families attend workshops, sharing sessions and hear helpful guest speakers on many aspects of grief and reinvesting their life.